Tuesday, December 21, 2010

California, here I come

Every couple of years, some fork in the road appears in my life, and a lot of things change depending on my decision.

It's been the most consistent thing in my life, I've lived in .. lemme count ....
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 dwellings over the past 21 years! In 5 geographical locations.

I've had four or five distinct groups of people around me, all mutually exclusive. These aren't simply acquaintances, colleagues or classmates, but people who are connected to me beyond those labels. There are some exceptional individuals in each of these groups, and by exceptional , I'm not talking about wealth or position, but fundamental traits that are not commonly found easily among hoi polloi.

Now I've decided to work in California - new faces, new lifestyle, new everything! A new set of circles of people...

I don't know how far down the rabbit hole leads. But I'm taking the blue pill! It's always done wonders for me whenever I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment